About the Authors
- Wolfram Tempel, Wael M Rabeh, Lyudmila Nedyalkova, Hee-Won Park
- Structural Genomics Consortium and Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Katrina L Bogan, Peter Belenky, Marzena Wojcik, Heather F Seidle, Charles Brenner
- Departments of Genetics and Biochemistry and Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States of America
- Tianle Yang, Anthony A Sauve
- Department of Pharmacology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, United States of America
AAS's institution has applied to patent the synthesis and use of NaR.
CB and HWP supervised enzyme expression and purification, which was carried out by WMR, MW, HFS, and LN. WMR crystallized the enzyme. WT solved the crystal structures with HWP. PB, MW, and HFS performed mutagenesis and in vitro characterization with CB. TY performed synthesis designed by AAS. KLB demonstrated in vivo use with CB. CB coordinated the three groups and wrote the manuscript in collaboration with all contributors.