About the Authors
- Stephen Blake, Samantha Strindberg, Patrick Boudjan, Calixte Makombo, Inogwabini Bila-Isia, Omari Ilambu, Falk Grossmann, Valentin Mbenzo, Dino S'hwa, Liz Williamson, Mike Fay, John Hart, Fiona Maisels
- Africa Program, Wildlife Conservation Society, Bronx, New York, United States of America
- Stephen Blake
- Department of Geography, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, United States of America
- Lambert Bene-Bene
- World Wildlife Fund–Cameroon, Yaoundé, Cameroon
- Bruno de Semboli
- World Wildlife Fund–Dzanga-Sangha, Bangui, Central African Republic
- Rosine Bayogo
- Bangassou Forest Project, Canadian Center for International Studies and Cooperation, Bangui, Central African Republic
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
SB, SS, MF, and JH conceived and designed the experiments. PB, CM, IBI, OI, FG, LBB, BdS, VM, DS, RB, LW, MF, and FM performed the experiments. SB and SS analyzed the data and wrote the paper.