About the Authors
- Inês Barroso, Alan J Schafer
- Incyte, Palo Alto, California, United States of America
- Jian'an Luan, Rita P. S Middelberg, Anne-Helen Harding, Paul W Franks, Rupert W Jakes, Nicholas J Wareham
- Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge Institute of Public Health, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- David Clayton
- Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Stephen O'Rahilly
- Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (IB)
- Email: email@example.com (NW)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (AS)
- Email: email@example.com (SO)
Portions of the research were supported by Incyte Corporation (formerly Incyte Genomics). This collaboration provided access to certain technologies and scientific expertise for basic research in the genetics of diabetes in return for possible shared intellectual property. The work described here is not subject to any patent filings or intellectual property protection and restrictions from free use of the information. IB and AJS were employees of Incyte at the time the research took place.
IB, AJS, SO, and NW conceived and designed the experiments. IB, AJS, and NW performed the experiments or the fieldwork in the studies contributing data. IB, JL, RPSM, A-HH, PWF, RWJ, and NW analysed the data. DC contributed analysis tools and advice. All authors wrote the paper.